I did not take a picture of the actual recipe because I didn’t expect it to be quite so delicious, but these are the tomatoes that went into it. Great recipe for using up an abundance of garden tomatoes.
Tri-color Bruschetta Pasta with Pesto Balsamic Grilled Chicken
2 boneless skinless chicken breast
4 tbls basil pesto (divided)
2ish tbls balsamic vinegar
3 medium large tomatoes, large diced (i used a red, an orange & a yellow from my garden)
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 small red onion, finely diced
Fresh ground black pepper
Spaghetti noodles (cooked)
1. Combine 3 tbls pesto & enough balsamic vinegar to thin it for a marinade. Place chicken breast in marinade & leave to soak up the flavor for 1-12 hrs.
2. Grill chicken breast (outdoors, grill pan, foreman- they all work)
3. Combine tomatoes, garlic, onion, about a tbls each of olive oil, balsamic vinegar & pesto, sea salt & fresh pepper to taste. Gently mix.
4. Cool chicken for a few minutes & then dice.
5. Add tomatoe mixture & chicken to hot cooked pasta. Garnish with fresh parm & serve.
6. Enjoy with a crisp glass of white wine! It was perfect with the pinot grigio i had open already.
* this was very garlicky with 2-3 cloves of raw garlic, so adjust to taste.