I love oatmeal. I eat it almost everyday for breakfast in the chilly months. I also love pumpkin. This is a delicious healthy breakfast that combines the two. (I used a combination of recipes I found online and came up with this) Enjoy!
2 cups old fashioned oats
1tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
1 egg, beaten
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 375, spray 8×8 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray
2. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
3. In medium bowl, combine wet ingredients and mix well.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes until center is set.
6. Let cool a few minutes, slice and enjoy!
* you could sprinkle the top with brown sugar before baking or my personal favorite, slather some almond butter on top right before eating.