This is one of my favorite soups to make. It is thick and hearty but still very healthy. It is made entirely of things I usually have on hand too, so it’s a great last minute meal option for unexpected company. This is not an original recipe, I scribbled it down from someplace online years ago & made a few adjustments. This is the soup that I served for my birthday lunch & lounge party last weekend.
Pumpkin & Black Bean Soup
1 tbls olive oil
1 red bell pepper
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp cumin
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree
1 can (15 oz.) black beans
1 can (14 oz.) corn
1 can (8 oz.) tomatoe sauce
2 cups (fat free) chicken broth
Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste.
1. Chop red pepper & onion into large dice. Mince garlic.
2. Heat olive oil in bottom of stock pot, add pepper & onion. Cook until soft.
3. Add remaining ingredients & stir.
4. Bring to boil. Reduce heat & let simmer atleast 30 mins or up to an hour.
5. Enjoy! It’s extra delicious served with some greek yogurt on top & a corn muffin on the side.