This is one of my favorite easy, super healthy dinners. Frozen tilapia filets are a freezer staple for me. The recipe is very versatile depending on what you have in the house. Salmon would also work well & any vegetable can be piled on. Adapting the recipe for more (or less) servings would be super easy.
Baked Tilapia Packets
Serves 2. 5pts+
2 thawed tilapia filets
Medium red potatoe
Any veggies you want to include ( today’s combination was onion, sweet peppers, zuchinni, mushrooms, carrot& spinach)
2tsp olive oil
Salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Slice all veggies very thin
3. Toss potatoes with 1 tsp olive oil, salt & pepper
4. Rip 2 large rectangles of foil & layer the potatoes first.
5. Place tilapia on top of potatoes, salt & pepper tilapia & top with 2-3 lemon slices
6. Layer on the rest of the veggies.
7. Drizzle remaining tap of olive oil between the 2 packets.
8. Wrap everything into foil bundle & place on cookie sheet.
9. Bake for 40-45 mins ( don’t worry about the fish drying out- the lemons, veggies & olive oil keep it moist)
10. Remove from oven, slide onto plate & enjoy! ( Remove lemon slices before eating)
*I usually use parchment paper but was out & foil worked just fine.