Quiche is a Sunday brunch (or anytime) favorite in this house. No one can deny that pie crust is delicious, but it is certainly not WW friendly. To save a lot of points and still get a satisfying, tasty brunch casserole, I started making egg bakes which are pretty much quiche without the crust. With only 3pts+ per serving there is plenty of room for a couple of slices of bacon and some toast on your brunch plate. I also love this recipe because I always feel I’m being sneaky when I get veggies into my breakfast. This recipe is extremely simple & versatile. All you need are eggs, milk & whatever veggies you have on hand. This version is full of sweet peppers, mushrooms, zuchinni & onion. I do not add cheese because I feel the flavor gets lost in all the veggies & it isn’t worth the extra calories/points but you totally could.
Easy Egg Bake
3pts+ per serving, 4 servings
1/2 c milk
2-3 cups cooked veggies (thinly sliced)
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350, spray 8x8inch pan with olive oil or cooking spray
2. Sautee 3 cups veggies of your choice until they start to lose their crispness
3. Spread cooked veggies on bottom of 8×8 pan
4. In medium bowl, mix eggs, milk, salt & pepper (like you are making scrambled eggs)
5. Pour egg mixture over veggies.
6. Bake at 350 for 40mins or until center is firm
7. Cool 10 mins before serving