During the many hours I have spent on Pinterest, I have come across several recipes for Salt & Vinegar Potatoes- grilled, roasted wedges etc. At first, I thought it seemed silly to have a recipe for such things-anyone can toss their potatoes in vinegar! Well I finally looked at a few of them & saw the secret to really infusing the potatoes with vinegary goodness- they are boiling the potatoes in vinegar before finishing them up on the grill or in the oven! I would have never guessed. Making Salt & Vinegar Fries immediately went on my “to cook” list. I am not even a huge fan of fries, but these were delicious! They went perfectly with the Vegan Black Bean Burgers I posted earlier this week.
Salt & Vinegar Oven Fries
4 servings, 3pts+ each
1 lb red potatoes- cut into fries
1 1/2 cup white vinegar
1 cup water
Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Add cut potatoes, vinegar & water to large sauce pan.
2. Cook over medium heat until the potatoes start to get soft
3. Spray medium cooking sheet with olive oil or cooking spray
4. Drain potatoes, spread in single layer on cookie sheet. Salt & pepper to taste.
5. Bake at 425° for a half hour, flipping once
Again, sorry for the sucky (& now recycled) photo. I was just too excited about this meal & didn’t take a picture until after eating some. There were more potatoes!