This recipe was a surprise- as in not what I intended to make when I started out in the kitchen. The plan was to make my easy egg bake in a muffin pan for easy to grab servings. I had an abundance of eggs and veggies close to getting past their prime to use up. While in the fridge, I noticed some ham lunch meat & shredded cheese that also needed used. They seemed like a delicious addition to eggs & veggies and this creation was born. They are delicious. Served with fruit & whole grain toast, you have a balanced, healthy and easy breakfast.
Omelette Egg Cup
12 servings, 2pts+ each
6 slices ham lunch meat ( the rectangular kind)
1/2 cup water (we were out of milk & water worked fine)
3/4 cup reduced fat cheese
veggies of choice (about 2 cups)- chopped
Freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°, spray muffin tin with olive oil
2. Rip ham in half & place half a slice in the bottom of each tin
3. Cook veggies until crisp tender
4. Divide veggies between cups
5. Mix eggs, water & pepper
6. Divide egg mixture between cups
7. Sprinkle each cup with cheese.
8. Bake 20 mins or until eggs are set