Sometimes I actually enjoy delaying trips to the grocery store because it forces me to get out of my comfort zone & use up some of the random ingredients I have purchased but never used. This recipe is exactly that. It involves only 5 ingredients ( excluding salt & pepper) and requires very little hands on time. The honey & I were both happy with the results & decided it would definitely make it onto the menu plan again.
5 Ingredient Baked Coconut Chicken Fingers
2 boneless skinless chicken breast cut into strips (I used kitchen scissors to do this)
1 can coconut milk
2/3 c panko bread crumbs (I seem to be on a roll with these lately)
1/3 c sweetened coconut flakes
Coconut oil (can substitute olive oil)
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Dump coconut milk into gallon freezer bag, put chicken strips in bag & marinate 2-12 hrs
2. Preheat oven to 375°
3. Place metal cooling rack on cookie sheet (this helps the fingers bake up crispy all around)
4. Remove chicken fingers from bag & drain off excess milk. Salt & pepper chicken fingers.
5. In second gallon bag, mix coconut flakes & panko. Add chicken fingers 2 at a time & shake to coat.
6. Once all chicken fingers are coated & placed on rack, drizzle the tops with coconut oil
7. Bake at 375° 20-30 minutes depending on size of chicken fingers
8. Serve with condiment of choice. We have this spicy mango coconut stuff we get at Wegman’s and it was perfect.