Surprise! Another egg recipe. This is one of my favorite quick and easy meals. It’s pretty healthy too. Leftovers are great for breakfast or lunch the next day!
Spicy Chicken Sausage and Kale Fritatta
6 eggs (I added another after the photo was taken)
1 cup milk
2 spicy chicken sausage links (substitute your favorite flavor if you would like)
2 large handfuls kale (washed and torn)
small/medium red onion (diced)
olive oil, salt & pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Heat about 2 Tbls of olive oil in large oven safe skillet (no plastic handles). Add diced onion. Cook 3-5 minutes until partially soft
2. Add sliced chicken sausage and cook 2-3 minutes. Add kale. Cover and let steam until bright green (about 5 mins)
3. Meanwhile, whisk eggs and milk together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add egg mixture to pan. Cook on stove top 12-15 minutes until egg begins to set.
5. Once egg mixture has started to set (get firm), put pan in oven and bake 10 minutes to finish.
6. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Slice like a pizza and enjoy!
Since this dish already contains veggies and protein, I often keep the meal simple and serve it with some fresh seasonal fruit.