Green Beans are a hard sell with the honey. She loves green bean casserole, but was never a fan of them unless they come from a can and took a swim in some cream of mushroom soup. Since I will just eat them raw because I love them so much, I had to find a way to convert her. I have a couple of green bean recipes that she will eat now. This is one of my newest creations and is made from ingredients we pretty much always have in the house.
Green Beans with Lemon, Garlic & Feta
16 oz green beans (fresh or frozen)
1.5 Tbls Olive Oil
Garlic Salt – to taste (I use the kind with the flakes of dried garlic in sea salt)
Freshly ground pepper- to taste
juice of 1 lemon
1/4 c feta cheese crumbles
1. Add olive oil to large skillet and heat about 30 seconds over medium heat. Add green beans. Cook until beans are crisp tender. (It takes about 4 or 5 minutes with the frozen ones)
2. Add garlic salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add the juice of 1 lemon and toss to coat. (I juice the lemon directly into the pan)
4. Continue to cook about 1 minute.
5. Remove from heat
6. Top beans with feta once they are on plates to be served