We were blessed with some pretty gorgeous weather the last couple of weekends and we took advantage of that by having a few friends over and cooking on the grill one last time. Don’t worry if grilling weather is over in your area- these are great when fried in a pan on the stove too.
Ground turkey can be a bit lacking in flavor when it comes to burgers, but I do like to use it sometimes just to mix things up a bit. Adding lots of tasty bits and spreading on some flavored mayo really turns ground turkey into something kind of magical. You don’t have to take my word for it, try it yourself!
Mediterranean Turkey Burgers (with Garlic & Roasted Red Pepper Mayo)
Makes 6 Burgers
1 lb lean ground turkey
10 Kalamata olives- pitted and quartered
1/2 c feta cheese crumbles
1/2 medium red onion- diced
8 sun dried tomatoes- diced (you can substitute a fresh diced tomato if you don’t have these)
Large handful spinach- chopped
salt and pepper to taste
olive oil for brushing on burgers
1. Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Be sure to mix well to evenly distribute ingredients.
2. Form into 6 patties. Brush both sides with olive oil.
3. Cook as desired. Cooking times will vary based on the cooking method you use.
4. Serve on toasted roll (gluten free bread in my case) with romaine lettuce and garlic roasted red pepper mayo (recipe below)
Garlic and Roasted Red Pepper Mayo
1/2 cup olive oil mayo
1 clove garlic- peeled
1 roasted red pepper (from a jar) drained and patted dry
1. Throw everything in the food processor and whirl until combined.
*this is more than enough mayo for the burgers. The leftovers are great on turkey sandwiches!