This is not a seasonally approprite recipe, but sometimes I just need summery vegetables in the dead of winter. That and I got a really cool vegetable spiralizer toy for Christmas that I was dying to use. It took a couple of weeks to find some good zucchini this time of year, but it was totally worth it. This recipe comes together easily. It is made from a few kitchen staples and packed with flavor. I highly recommend trying it as soon as you can get your hands on some decent zucchini. If you don’t have a spiralizer, you could shred the zucchini with a cheese grater or even dice it. The flavor will be the same regardless.
4 cups spiral cut zucchini
1 cup cherry tomatoes~ halved
2 Tbls butter
3 cloves garlic~ minced
salt and pepper to taste
1. Spiralize/grate/dice zucchini and halve tomatoes
2. Heat butter over medium heat until melted, add minced garlic and cook for about 30 seconds
3. Stir in zucchini and tomatoes
4. Cook until tomatoes start to break down (about 7 or 8 minutes)
5. Once plated, top with freshly shaved Parmesan cheese.