You may have noticed that there was no meal plan post this week, sorry about that. It is actually written, but unedited in my drafts, but it seems kind of late now. I accidentally discovered the final season of Sons of Anarchy was on Hulu and Netflix on Sunday night and that is pretty much all I have done in my free time since then. We finished the season last night, so hopefully the rest of the week is more productive. It wasn’t a very exciting meal plan anyways. I am trying to use up some of the leftovers in our freezer.
So on to the recipe. One of my favorite blogs, Katheats.com, recently did a video featuring a Blue Apron meal she prepared. There wasn’t an actual recipe but the idea was simple enough, coat some salmon in dijon mustard, coat in panko bread crumbs and crisp it up in a skillet. I tried it out and we both really loved it. Tiff is not always a fan of salmon filets and she has already asked if I could make this again. Simple everyday ingredients come together to create something that I would be excited to order in a restaurant. It is kind of like a grown up version of a fish filet- but much healthier and tastier. I think this could most definitely convert one of those people who “don’t like salmon”.
Panko Crusted Dijon Salmon
4 salmon filets
Salt & Pepper to taste
4 TBLS Dijon Mustard
1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
3 TBLS Olive Oil
1. Heat oil over medium heat in large skillet. Salt & Pepper both sides of salmon filets.
2. Put panko bread crumbs in shallow dish
3. Spread 1/2 TBLS of dijon mustard on one side of salmon, lay mustard side down in panko and press down.
4. Slater other side of filet with 1/2 TBLS dijon and flip over. Press into panko. Repeat with remaining 3 filets.
5. Add to pan with hot oil and cook 4-5 minutes per side, until crispy and salmon is cooked.