This is not really a recipe. It is more of a point of inspiration for your own creation. There are no measurements, just a suggestion of ingredients and a method. You can adjust to the size and preferences of your family. We eat these Loaded Nachos a couple of times a month. They are one of the few meatless meals I can sneak past Tiffany. (You could easily add some meat if you wanted). I love that it is an all in one dish that requires no extra side dishes to be complete. Something about this meal is always so satisfying. They are also gorgeous!
Tortilla Chips (we prefer the organic blue corn ones from Aldi)
Black Beans (or leftover taco meat, shredded chicken, pulled pork etc)
Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese- shredded
Sweet Peppers- diced
Plain Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
1. Spread single layer of tortilla chips on cookie sheet. Try to leave as few “holes” as possible.
2. Sprinkle with beans or protein of choice. (Be sure to rinse and drain beans very well or chips will get soggy)
3. Top with Shredded Cheese.
4. Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes (until cheese is melted)
5. Use spatula to scoop nachos on to plate and top as desired.